AACE Grants in Research, Education, Advocacy, and Direct Service (READS Grants Program)
The American Association for Cancer Education (AACE) funded READS grant program provides small grants to active AACE members in good standing who champion the highest standards for global cancer education through evidence-based practices to achieve quality outcomes. The grants are intended to assist AACE members in becoming more involved in research, education, teaching and advocacy as well as direct service on national and international levels.
- The focus of the submitted proposals should be to plan and execute community-based service initiatives or research, educational, or advocacy projects.
- The proposed projects are to be completed in one year with demonstrable outcomes such as an abstract, oral or poster presentation, or subsequent extra-mural grant. It is expected that at least one of these demonstrable outcomes will be through the AACE annual conference (the International Cancer Education Conference) and/or the Journal of Cancer Education.
- The ultimate goal is that these funded grants will culminate in the AACE member developing future projects, grants, or papers that would assist in development of his/her/their career.
- AACE member in good standing.
- Proposed projects that are interdisciplinary or collaborative (combining the strengths of academia and community) are encouraged, but not required.
- Individuals may not receive more than two READS grants in a 5-year period and only one active READS grant at any given time.
READS Grant Amount
- Individual Grants - The READS grant amount awarded is up to $5,000.00 per project.
- Collaborative Grants - Collaborative grants involving independent grants from 1 or 2 other collaborators (total of 3 collaborators) and those including junior faculty will receive priority. These collaborative grants may involve 2-3 related projects or one larger project that integrates and requires 2-3 different perspectives/specialties such that a total of up to $10,000 would potentially be available. Collaborators must be from different departments/ areas of specialty and/or from the community. All collaborators must be active AACE members in good standing.
Grant Submission Deadlines
Submit your READS Grant application
- The current cycle READS grant proposal requests for support has been EXTENDED - requests are now due 31 August 2022. (In general, READS grant proposals will be due in January and July of each year.)
- Submit grants electronically to: https://form.jotform.com/221775597673169.
- Notification of grant review/approval status should occur within three months following the grants committee review. The required grant components are listed in the READS Grants Criteria (has original due date of 25 July 2022, but due date has been extended to 31 August 2022).