AACE Engagement Lounges
AACE Engagement Lounges are Zoom Meetings focusing on topics relevant to the work of our members. They may follow a number of different formats, including a facilitated conversation with participants, a series of short presentations with Q&A breaks in between, a moderated panel discussion, and more. AACE is now inviting AACE members to submit proposals for Engagement Lounges that they want to organize!
Propose an Engagement Lounge
Not a member? Join AACE today!
Mentoring, Coaching, and Sponsorship in Cancer Education
DATE: Thursday, 31 August 2023
TIME: 12:00 to 1:00 PM EDT (UTC-4)
SPEAKERS: AACE Membership Committee Co-Chairs - Angela Adjetey Appiah, PhD, DNP, MPH, RN, COA, Pace University; John Kim, PhD, EdD, MPH, University of Kentucky Markey Cancer Center
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Discuss the benefits of and differences between mentoring, coaching, and sponsorship in cancer education
- Review our AACE members' needs assessment survey outcomes regarding mentoring programs and discuss insights into enhancing the design and development of a mentoring program to meet AACE members' needs
- Seek attendee input into our mentoring program through collaborative discussions
Register to Attend
Past Engagement Lounges:
Making Connections: Supporting Cancer Education Beyond the Lecture Hall - 21 July 2023 (recording for members-only)
Cancer Disparities Training and Career Paths - 11 August 2023
co-sponsored by the University of Nebraska Medical Center
Getting the Most from AACE Membership - 31 August 2022
Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month Engagement Lounges- 23 and 29 March 2022 (recording for members-only)
AACE-CPEN Joint Engagement Lounge: Improving eHealth Literacy Among Cancer Survivors - 24 Feburary 2022 (recording for members-only)
Cancer Education within Diverse Communities - Thursday, 28 October 2021 (recording for members-only)
Choosing and Using Standardized Measures to Evaluate Your Education Program - Tuesday, 29 June 2021 (recording for members-only)
How in the World Do I Measure a Partnership? - Wednesday, 28 April 2021 (recording for members-only)
Cancer and COVID-19: Community Outreach& Engagement - Wednesday, 10 February 2021 (recording for members-only)
NCI-funded Summer Programs: Developing Tools and Sharing Best Practice for Virtual Programming - Thursday, 11 November 2020 (recording for members-only)
Tools and Activities for Interactive/Applied Learning at a Distance - Thursday, 6 August 2020 (recording for members-only)
Using Cancer Education to Address Social Determinants of Health in the Era of COVID-19 - Thursday, 14 May 2020
Cosponsored by the Emory University Urban Health Initiative. Articles shared and/or referenced during the discussion included:
- Braithwaite R, Warren R. 27 April 2020. The African American Petri Dish. Journal of Healthcare for the Poor and Underserved, awaiting publication.
- Page KR, Venkataramani M, Beyrer C, Polk S. 27 March 2020. Undocumented U.S. Immigrants and Covid-19. New England Journal of Medicine, 382:e62.
- Chowkwanyun M, Reed AL. 6 May 2020. Racial Health Disparities and Covid-19 - Caution and Context. New England Journal of Medicine, online.
- Issaka RB, Somsouk M. 13 May 2020. Colorectal Cancer Screening and Prevention in the COVID-19 Era. Journal of the American Medical Association, online.
NCI-Funded Summer Programs During COVID-19 - Thursday, 16 April 2020 (recording for members-only)
Not a member? Join AACE today!