AACE ENGAGEMENT LOUNGES
AACE Engagement Lounges are Zoom meetings focusing on topics relevant to the work of our members, especially how our work is being affected by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Tools and Activities for Interactive/Applied Learning at a Distance
Thursday, 6 August 2020, from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM EDT
This Engagement Lounge will be moderated by Debbie Cadet PhD, MSW (VCU Massey Cancer Center) and will feature conversations with Kathleen Blazer EdD, MS, LCGC (City of Hope) and Anne van De Ven-Moloney PhD (Northeastern University). We hope to discuss some of the following topics with AACE members and colleagues:
- Synchronous and asynchronous learning environments for students/trainees and healthcare professionals
- Tools for creating meaningful distance learning experiences
- Digital resilience
- Digital community-building
- The tools you're using and the experiences you're having and/or creating - we want to hear from you!
This meeting will be open to all who might have an interest, not simply AACE members (though the event is limited to 100 participants).
Register for the Engagement Lounge
- NCI-Funded Summer Programs During COVID-19 - Thursday, 16 April 2020 (recording for members-only)
Not a member? Join AACE today!
- Using Cancer Education to Address Social Determinants of Health in the Era of COVID-19 - Thursday, 14 May 2020
Cosponsored by the Emory University Urban Health Initiative. Articles shared and/or referenced during the discussion included:
- Braithwaite R, Warren R. 27 April 2020. The African American Petri Dish. Journal of Healthcare for the Poor and Underserved, awaiting publication.
- Page KR, Venkataramani M, Beyrer C, Polk S. 27 March 2020. Undocumented U.S. Immigrants and Covid-19. New England Journal of Medicine, 382:e62.
- Chowkwanyun M, Reed AL. 6 May 2020. Racial Health Disparities and Covid-19 - Caution and Context. New England Journal of Medicine, online.
- Issaka RB, Somsouk M. 13 May 2020. Colorectal Cancer Screening and Prevention in the COVID-19 Era. Journal of the American Medical Association, online.
LIST OF RESOURCES
Many thanks to AACE's Academy of Fellows for collating this excellent list of education, training, and clinical resources! If you have any resources you would like to see added to this page, email us at email@example.com.